Friday, February 20, 2015

DIY Thieves Foaming Hand Soap




I've been eyeing the Thieves Foaming Handsoap from Young Living for a while. I love my Thieves oil, and use it for all things cleaning. But, we go through soap like crazy in this house (my children love suds of all kinds) and I didn't really want to pay the $12 a bottle that Young Living charges. 

Then I stumbled across these uber cheap foaming soap bottles ($.89 each!) and decided to make my own Thieves soap. It took a few tries tweak the recipe for the perfect foam and thieves. It's amazingly easy to make, though!



Thieves Foaming Handsoap
1/2 Cup Dr. Bronner's Liquid Castile Soap
20 Drops Thieves Essential Oil
Water 
Pour the castile soap into the soap bottle, and then add the Thieves oil (you can add more or less to your preference).
Swirl around to mix the soap and essential oil, and then fill the bottle up the rest of the way with water. When you add the water, be sure to tilt the bottle so that the water gently slides down the inside of the bottle. Otherwise, the bottle will immediately fill with foam. 

 If you have an empty foaming soap bottle from the store, you can also re-use that - just be sure to wash it out well. If you plan to make a label for the bottle, I suggest covering it with a strip of clear packing tape. The water and soap will make a mess of it on the first use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly