Friday, July 18, 2014

Thieves Latte Recipe




I love coffee. I restrain myself and only drink one cup a day, but I could easily down the entire pot. So, when I discovered a tasty way to add essential oils, I was thrilled. While the oils by no means extract the calories from this drink, it does add a shot of immune boosting power.

Thieves Latte

1-2 Drops Thieves Essential Oil
1 Cup Milk
2 Shots Espresso (or 1/4 cup strong coffee)
Whipped Cream
Chocolate Syrup
Ice

I added my milk and thieves to a pint size mason jar and swirled it around, so that it mixed well. Then I added a handful of ice, and poured the espresso over it. I topped it off with an extra big "squrishhh" (that's a technical term, folks) of whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.

Since I'm not a fan of super strong flavors, I only used one drop of thieves for my latte. But, with only one drop, it reminded me a lot of a chai tea latte. If you like a stronger flavor, add more oil. But, only add one drop at a time - it goes a long way!

If you prefer hot lattes, just steam the milk, and omit the ice. Since high temps can diminish the effectiveness of the oils, be sure to let the milk cool to a 'drinkable' temperature before adding the Thieves oil.

Thieves is a blend of oils, and contains cinnamon, clove, lemon, eucalyptus and rosemary. It is known for strengthening the immune system, fighting sicknesses such as strep, colds, sore throats and more. Thieves also kills bacteria and in the 15th century, helped people ward off the Black Plague!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly